Do you share our vision of women living well – healthy, empowered, equal?
Women’s Health Victoria (WHV) is seeking expressions of interest from passionate and inspiring women leaders to join our Board task groups in 2020, with a view to nominate for the Board at the AGM in October 2021.
WHV is a Victorian women’s health promotion, advocacy and support service. We have a proud 25-year history, with a commitment to empowering women and tackling gender inequality to improve the health and wellbeing of all Victorian women. We have a dedicated team of 30 staff, more than 50 volunteers, and turnover of $2.5m+ per annum.
We are working towards a world where:
- Women are free from violence and discrimination in all aspects of their lives
- Women experience and enjoy good sexual and reproductive health
- Women participate equally in society
- Women experience high levels of positive mental health and wellbeing including positive relationships with their bodies
- Women with cancer are accessing support services to help them live well
Our board members, staff and volunteers work to a values-based code of conduct. This code sets expectations about our leadership and integrity, supports our belief in empowerment of others, solidifies our feminist commitment to women’s rights and challenges gender norms, practices and structures.
We are looking for candidates who have Board governance experience, are aligned with the values of the organisation and have a demonstrated commitment to women’s health and equality.
Professional backgrounds in corporate governance, finance, government relations, health policy, legal or fundraising/marketing are highly desirable. In addition, new members will ideally enhance the intersectional breadth of the organisation to ensure the voices of all women are reflected in our work. We encourage applications from women with lived experience of disability, women of colour, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and women under 40 years old.
Board and task group roles are voluntary positions with expenses reimbursed.
More details available in confidence:
Interested candidates are invited to send a response to the position description to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Wednesday 14 October 2020
- Dianne Hill-CEO at email@example.com or 0400653649
- Candy Broad -Chair via the CEO or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cath Smith – Consultant assisting with the EOI at email@example.com or 0421 350 643
WHV Strategic Plan